Propiedad privada en la playa con 6 dormitorios, 6 baños, (para 18)
Normas de la propiedad
Smoking is permitted outside
No se admiten mascotas
Adecuado para niños
Máximo de huéspedes:16
Please respect our home and use household items as they are intended.
Política de cancelación
No hay reembolso para cancelaciones realizadas después de haber procesado el pago.
Look no further!!
We have just returned for the most fun company team building retreat EVER!! This home is everything and more. Honestly the photos don't even do it justice. This is the absolute perfect place to go if you are looking for a place to entertain and relax! Our group was 13 people and we couldn't have had more fun!! Jim is beyond helpful with just about anything you could possibly need. Honestly it was just PERFECT! On a side note his two dogs Diego and Sophia became a part of our group too and I don't think there are more amazing, sweet dogs out there.
Best family vacation ever!
We had a large family gathering with 16 of us and enjoyed the serenity and beauty of this fantastic beachfront home. We stayed during the last week of June and the weather was fantastic. The waves were beautiful and the walking on the beach was so peaceful. Jim was a wonderful caretaker, going above and beyond to make our stay fantastic! Jim even arranged a golfing outing for us at the finest course for the golfers in the group. Our experience began when Jim met us at the airport and waited while we secured our rental cars. He proceeded to accompany us to the Costco where we picked up some provisions, and then escorted us to his beautiful home. The home was perfect, huge open patio areas and cozier internal spaces with nicely sized bedrooms (essentially private villas with private baths). The kitchen was well equipped including everything we needed to prepare the meals we planned and he even welcomed us to use his spices. It was amazing living ‘off the grid’, and the only time we were concerned about our power usage was during the morning coffee brewing period. We were even able to do a few loads of laundry. We all enjoyed the company of the dogs Sophia and Diego, although Jim took them to his casita in the evenings and repeatedly mentioned that they could stay there (but we declined and wanted them to spend the day with us). The pool was also relaxing, and several of us had more than one nap in the hammocks! We had plenty of space to get together or remain separate as desired. The ocean views were just so gorgeous, from sunrise to sunset we enjoyed the natural surroundings. Thank you Jim for opening your home to us for a perfect family vacation!
We chose this property for our intimate wedding because it was so private. We had a diverse group of 22 from grandparents to children and in between. It was a great place to bond - enough privacy to have your space but also spend time together. Touring the place when we arrived was one delight after the other. Jim, the owner, was like magic - invisible unless you needed anything. We had the most amazing time. This villa has everything you could possibly need to have an awesome time all day every day. The view is absolutely amazing. The private beach was perfect for our private wedding ceremony. This was the trip of a lifetime and we certainly hope to return. GO! You won't regret it!
An Amazing Family Vacation
The previous reviewers have not exaggerated! Cocina Pacifica is simply the best! We are a family of fourteen from Georgia and Colorado who were happy to find out that all six girls ranging from 3-13 had the same Spring Holidays this year. Looking on VRBO, we found this home near Cabo large enough for all of us. We stayed nine nights and opted for the complete package. Jim is a superb chef---we had fabulous dinners every night outside overlooking the Pacific at sunset! We even had some exciting whale sightings after the whale season! This is perfect for all ages. We celebrated a 7th birthday---we ask Jim if he could get a cake---he not only did that, but brought a sombrero and pinata as well for a true Mexican birthday celebration! We had a day trip to Todos Santos and a day trip to Cabo San Lucas, but were extremely happy to spend most of our time at Cocina Pacifica. I cannot say enough about what a perfect vacation spot this is!
Thank you, Jim!
Perfect Family Retreat!!
Our family enjoyed a fabulous Holiday reunion at "Cocina Pacifica" - an amazing ocean front villa! Owners Jim and Susan were great and easy to deal with - for example notwithstanding we had rental cars Susan arranged to meet us at the airport and take most of our luggage which freed us to get supplies before heading to the villa. They were available to help when we needed anything yet were pretty much invisible during our stay and their care taking couple were great! Interestingly, their property showed no signs of the devastating hurricane Oddie which struck in September.
We loved the setting being so close to a vibrant living ocean with the whales, dolphins and flying manta's entertaining us while being surrounded by a totally opposite but equally appealing arid landscape. We rarely saw anyone on the beach and enjoyed the privacy of our gang playing on the beach, boogie boarding and fishing.
The Villa really exceeded our expectations - from a completely equipped kitchen that easily handled the feeding of our family - complimented with fun patio "Firepit" tables to enjoy meal times around, to the clean, comfortable, separate suites which easily accommodated all 15 of us providing lots of space. The younger ones enjoyed playing in the pool while others could relax in the numerous comfortable lounges and hammocks. The large ocean front patio was a great setting for exercise classes, games and just watch the ocean action - no crowds to worry about - just us!
If you're looking for a first class, private setting for a family vacation and retreat you won't do better than "Cocina Pacifica". Collectively, "we didn't want to leave"!!!
Thanks Jim and Susan!
Amazing home and experience - Whales, beach, great food, family time
We just finished spending a week at Cocina Pacifica to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. We went with our extended family from ages 80 -11. Everyone had a wonderful time. Our top reasons why we loved Cocina Pacifica:
1) The View and Whales - we have been to Kaikoura, New Zealand and the the coasts off of Boston to see whales. At Cocina, you can enjoy a cup of coffee and sit out on your own front porch and view both California Grays and Humpbacks. Whale watching became a favorite pastime for both young and old.
2) The location - we are actually a family that would not have liked to stay in congested Cabo. Finding a place close enough to drive into Cabo if we wanted to but was tucked away on our own beach was ideal. The house has a pool and hot tub, plenty of space in the front to exercise if you want (our kids played street soccer) and the beach right down a flight of stairs was perfect for sunbathing and throwing the football around. The surf at this beach can be a little bit too rough for swimming unless you are really strong. The house is also fairly close to Todos Santos (25 min. drive), a more authentic place to visit than Cabo, if you are looking for some culture.
3) Cerritos Beach - just 10 minutes from the house, is the best surfing and boogie boarding beach we have been on in a long time. Everyone boogie boarded and surfed including my father who is 80 and has never boogie boarded in his life. The water is a great temperature and the waves just keep coming. There are also vendors (not too many to annoy you) who will rent you beach umbrellas and surf boards. The house has boogie boards and beach chairs. There are really cheap, delicious, and safe tacos stands at the entrance to this beach off HWY 19.
4) Family time - the house is solar run and we loved the owner's environmentally conscious way of operating the home. Our children (ages 11- 21) became more thoughtful about how we use energy and how often they feel the "need" to connect on the internet. It allowed everyone, including our social media active teens, to take a break from being connected constantly. (House has fine internet connection but not all 17 people can be active on it at the same time)
5) Under the Stars - the stars at night are crystal clear and you can even make out some planets. The house has wonderful hammocks to enjoy the view at night.
6) The great pantry - we all gained about 5 pounds this past week
7) Owners - Jim and Susan, really helpful and generous!