Normas de la propiedad
Fiestas/eventos no permitidos
non smoking only
Se admiten mascotas
Adecuado para niños
Edad mínima del huésped principal:24
Máximo de huéspedes:12
Lovely Beach House
Seaquester is a lovely property located in Duck, NC.
Just a few ( not negative, but real observations before the positive ones)
We had seven adults there. You can definitely have more there but you’ll be crowded for meals. In other words, if you fill the house, you might feel a bit crowded. The bedrooms are all really nice with plenty of closets and dressers. The bathrooms are just fine.
The master bedroom mattress needs to be replaced. It made for some rough sleeping. If you are really particular about your sheets and pillows, bring your own. The sheets are from a service and are scratchy. There aren’t enough pillows. They don’t offer enough bath towels. There was one per person. They should supply two per person.
Now the GOOD stuff. The house was spotless. Clean and ready for our family. It is really well equipped with a nice kitchen, two fridges are a game changer. The view is perfect. Lots of buckets, chairs, and floats.
If you’re picky about your cooking utensils, bring your own. There is an elevator, which is super helpful for when your unload. The kitchen is on the third floor. Lots of stairs. The elevator is a must have if you elderly, disabled guests.
This is a lovely house. Great location. Beach front. If you go, you’ll really enjoy it.
Clean up and exit and as really easy. I appreciated all of the communication from the rental company.
September beach vacation
We loved our stay at Seaquester! The house overall was fabulous! The elevator was so nice for our luggage and groceries going to the 3rd floor. It was also nice for my elderly in-laws who visited. They had a tough time hiking up the steep dune to the beach so others may need to consider that although it wasn’t an issue for our kids or us.
We were pleasantly surprised by how clean the dog-friendly home was. We are quite particular at our own home (dog is not allowed on furniture and I vacuum and sweep often due to allergies). I was concerned the house would not be very clean, but it was spotless and free of dog hair.
The only issue we encountered was the dishwasher. You have to be careful to tilt large plates so the rotating sprayer inside the washer can spin. Still, it sometimes didn’t dissolve the detergent or complete the dry cycle which meant running it twice for a load of dishes. I noticed this as an issue in a previous guest’s comment as well, so hopefully that will be resolved soon.
The location was great, right on the beach in a quiet neighborhood. Just what we were hoping for!
Grand daughter's first trip to the beach
This was the first family vacation we have taken where everyone was able to come. It was also the first trip to the beach for my grand daughter, who is one and a half, so that was exciting. The house was beautiful and the pool was great as the wind was blowing so hard for a couple days that doing the beach was impossible. I have no complaints except maybe for the spiders, which were everywhere, inside and out. One other thing, I think the electrical system needs an exorcist. The lights and fans in the bedrooms came on and went off seemingly with a mind of their own. Get rid of the spiders, and the house is perfect. You did a great remodeling job. Especially the kitchen and the elevator turned out to be a life saver. I would recommend the house to any family looking for a relaxing time on the Outer Banks.
Gorgeous house and amazing views
We had a wonderful week away in Duck at this house. Loved the location, the ease of getting on the beach even with the sand covered walkway it was not difficult, and the views were spectacular. The elevator was fantastic considering my daughter had just had spinal surgery. The pool was clean and so much fun for the kids. Our only issues were that the dishwasher does not work so we had to hand wash everything all week, the light in the master bedroom has some sort of short in it that makes it randomly turn on and off whenever and most importantly the spiders!!! The spiders were everywhere!!!!!!! Not too bad inside but they covered every surface outside! The kids would not go outside in the morning until I spent a significant amount of time sweeping cobwebs and then at night... forget it! You couldn’t go outside at all. We thought maybe it was typical for outerbanks since this was our first OBX trip, until speaking with other locals including the caretaker as we were leaving who called it the haunted house. It was weird and creepy and made the kids, and me too for that matter, not want to go outside. I feel like it changed how we would’ve liked to enjoy our evenings. I hope something can be done to fix the spider situation because aside from that we would love to stay there again!
SG-thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We love the house an location, too. The dishwasher has had several 'house calls' to cure its ailments and is working at 100% now.
I have never heard the house being referred to as the haunted house. I have been told by the pest control company (who services each month in the summer) that this has been a high pest (ants, spiders, mice) year. Sorry that it showed its ugly head especially hard during your stay. Hope you don't hold it against the Outer Banks and give us a visit again.(pd)
We had such a great vacation in Seaquester. The house is beautifully decorated and so clean. You can’t beat the location! We will definitely return to rent again.
Erin, Thanks for the 5-star review. We love letting everyone know how great this home is. Hope to see you again next year!
Great location but house with some issues
It is a beautiful property in a great location. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but a few glaring issues put a damper on our impression.
1. Dishwasher: when we arrived the dishes in the cupboard were dirty with baked-on food. We had to wash all the dishes by hand before we could use them. We discovered that the dishwasher does not work. The capsule never deploys and even when you place it capsule in the bottom, the dishes still come out dirty.
2. Upon our arrival, several beds were not made up, and there were items still running in the dryer. One bed had no bedspread. The manager Rich did come over in the evening to make the beds and deliver another bedspread, but we would have appreciated being able to arrive with the house in order
3. Internet: we had less than 24 hours of functioning internet during the whole week. There were several in our party who required internet access so they could work during the week, so obviously this impacted their stay. We informed management right away that the internet was not working, and while the manager Rich did come and look at it, we could not get a service appointment from the cable company until 5 days into our stay, and then it only worked for less than 24 hours. We reported it again, but were told there is nothing that could be done since it is a cable company issue.
4. Master bedroom overhead light: there must be a short or something in the wiring. The light comes on spontaneously any time of the day or night. It is especially annoying when the light comes on by itself several times during the night. The manager Rich did look at it and deemed it “OK” but the light continued to come on spontaneously anytime of the day or night throughout our whole week.
5. Smoke alarms: the alarms came on 3 times during the night on our last night there. There was no smoke, no fire, no one was cooking. Does the system need new batteries or service? Needless to say, no one got any sleep the last night.
6. The pool was dirty every day from ambient debris. We didn't see anyone come to skim the pool all week. Seems a daily skimming needs to be done as part of the routine services provided to the tenants
7. The photos of the property show a boarded walkway from the house to the beach along with a bench at the end of the walkway, and is the main reason we rented here. It does not exist and members of our party with limited mobility were unable to access the beach from the house.
Stacie-Glad you liked the house and area and very sorry you had issues while staying here. Apologies that these issues occurred during your stay. We are working on fixing issues with the Internet Service Provider, housekeeping updating check in cleaning issues that may extend check in times. We have updated the information in regards to the walkway to the beach only reaching the top of the dune since the beach has taken over the stairs to the beach. Thanks for letting us know about these issues with hopes we will be able to keep them happening again.
jugar al voleibol y herraduras en el sitio